The 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S came to visit this week! This was my first look at the vehicle and it is impressive. I think it was made even more impressive by the gorgeous Cardinal Red Paint!
The 4.0L V8 birturbo engine is impressive in both specs and looks! It has 603 horsepower and 627 lb/ft of torque and is rated for 0-60 in 3.3 seconds! It has the new AMG Speedshift MCT 9-speed sports transmission and the AMG performance 4matic+. The “+” in 4matic is for the new Drift Mode that makes it rear-wheel drive for more fun!
This particular vehicle was equipped with the Carbon Ceramic brakes, Premium 3 Package and matte black wheels. Sharp! I was able to go for a short ride in the car and it everything you would expect. It was very quiet and controlled in comfort mode yet wild and loud in Sport+.
This E63 is equipped with the standard seats, not the sport seats. It was very deeply bolstered and supportive without being too tight. I think this is the right choice if you plan to put a lot of miles on the E63.
The 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 is currently in production and we are hoping for a US release date late this summer. Pricing is not yet available.
- AMG 4.0L V8 biturbo engine
- Two twin-scroll turbochargers
- 603 hp and 627 lb-ft of torque
- 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds; governed top speed of 186 mph
- AMG Cylinder Management cylinder deactivation system
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT (Multi Clutch Technology) nine-speed sport transmission
- AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive
- AMG sport suspension based on AIR BODY CONTROL
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive programs
- Rear differential lock for optimal traction
- Extended wheel arches for greater track width
- New grill with chrome louvers, vertical black struts, and AMG lettering
Here is a little video I made of the E63 while waiting for my training class to start! Please do subscribe to my YouTube channel for more!