The 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
is getting a refresh! Our flagship sedan was new for 2014 and 2018 brings us the mid-cycle refresh. It is not an entirely new vehicle but will have updated technology and a fresh look. I have not yet seen it in person but I expect to see it in a few weeks. The most obvious changes are the headlamps and the steering wheel controls.
New Standard Features:
- V12 grille standard across all models (double lamella in grille)
- New design front and rear bumper
- Intelligent Light System with ULTRA RANGE highbeam headlamps
- Smartphone Integration
- Ambient Lighting in 64 Colors
- Lane tracking package (Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist)
- LED taillights with crystal look
- COMAND NTG 5.5 new generation
- New generation steering wheels with touch buttons (no more clown!)
- Wireless Charging front
- ENERGIZING COMFORT control -It systematically uses the functions of the climate control system (including fragrancing) and the seats (heater, ventilation, massage), the console heating as well as lighting and musical atmospheres, and enables a specific wellness set-up tailored to the mood and need of the driver.
- Omission of DVD changer
In addition to new styling it is also picking up a few new variants. We have not had a V6 S-Class for a few years and I am very interested to see what percentage of people will opt for the more efficient S450. Back when we had the S430 and S500 I think it was nearly 80% S430s.
The S450 and S560 will both be available in Two-Wheel drive and 4matic variants. The Mercedes-AMG S63 and the S65 will both be available from Affalterbach. The Mercedes-Maybach expands from just the S600 variant to both the S560 and S650 so that you can have the extra size without the extra engine.
The S-Class is scheduled to roll out over the next couple of months. It would be a good idea to order early if you know exactly what you want! This is also a great time to order for European Delivery over the holidays
Launch dates and pricing are always subject to change and change without notice.