The 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is getting a refresh! Our flagship sedan was new for 2014 and 2018 brings us the mid-cycle refresh. It is not an entirely new vehicle but will have updated technology and a fresh look. I have not yet seen it in person but I expect to see it in a few weeks. The most obvious changes are the headlamps and the steering wheel controls.
New Standard Features:
- V12 grille standard across all models (double lamella in grille)
- New design front and rear bumper
- Intelligent Light System with ULTRA RANGE highbeam headlamps
- Smartphone Integration
- Ambient Lighting in 64 Colors
- Lane tracking package (Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist)
- LED taillights with crystal look
- COMAND NTG 5.5 new generation
- New generation steering wheels with touch buttons (no more clown!)
- Wireless Charging front
- ENERGIZING COMFORT control –It systematically uses the functions of the climate control system (including fragrancing) and the seats (heater, ventilation, massage), the console heating as well as lighting and musical atmospheres, and enables a specific wellness set-up tailored to the mood and need of the driver.
- Omission of DVD changer
In addition to new styling it is also picking up a few new variants. We have not had a V6 S-Class for a few years and I am very interested to see what percentage of people will opt for the more efficient S450. Back when we had the S430 and S500 I think it was nearly 80% S430s.
The S450 and S560 will both be available in Two-Wheel drive and 4matic variants. The Mercedes-AMG S63 and the S65 will both be available from Affalterbach. The Mercedes-Maybach expands from just the S600 variant to both the S560 and S650 so that you can have the extra size without the extra engine.
The S-Class is scheduled to roll out over the next couple of months. It would be a good idea to order early if you know exactly what you want! This is also a great time to order for European Delivery over the holidays!
Launch dates and pricing are always subject to change and change without notice.