The Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class was introduced in 2016 as a replacement for the outgoing GLK-Class. It has been an incredibly popular SUV for us! It is not too big, not too small and feels very luxurious. The styling has been less polarizing than the more square GLK. Compared to other vehicles at this price point it seems more spacious, more elegant and much smoother. The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 has arrived with a mid-cycle refresh. These are just a few changes to the current body style to keep it fresh and modern. It should stay just about the same until it is due for a complete redesign in 2022 or so.
I found a 2019 to park next to it to visually demonstrate the differences. It’s easy to read the list of changed but it doesn’t really come together for me until I can see them together. I think a few people will notice the updated exterior elements but the deciding factor will be the technology on the inside. Take a look at the head lamps and grille shape to see the exterior changes. On the inside we have updated to the new MBUX system with Hey Mercedes voice control and the touch screen.
- Smartphone Integration (Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto) becomes standard
- New M264 2.0L Inline-4 Turbocharged Engine with power output increase +14hp to 255 hp
- LED Headlamps & Taillamps become standard
- Updated steering wheel w/ haptic feedback touchpads and cruise control buttons
- Next-Generation Infotainment System “MBUX” now standard incl. “Hey Mercedes”
- New key design
- SD-Card Pre-Wiring removed from standard equipment
- 10.25” Center Touchscreen now available and is standard
- Blind Spot Assist (234) now standard
In other SUV news, the Mercedes-Benz GLB is due late this year. This will be bigger than the GLA, smaller than the GLC and have a third row option. From the images I have seen it is also a little more square than any of our other offerings. If you really loved the old GLK, the GLB might be the SUV for you!