For Model Year 2016 lots of Mercedes-Benz models are getting new names. I have detailed this once before with a chart but I thought I would add a little more detail.
Obviously there are exceptions:
- The G-wagon stays as-is. No one tells the G to make changes!
- The SL cannot be the SLS so it stays as the SL-Class.
- The GL and SLK will not change until next year when they get refreshed/redesigned.
Launch Schedule for new 2016s: (subject to change and change without notice)
- C-Classes – August/September
- E-Class – Available now
- CLS-Class – July
- S-Class – August (Mercedes-Maybach S600 available now)
- SL-Class – July
- SLK-Class – July
- CLA-Class – October
- GLA-Class – October
- GLC-Class – November (pictures this month!)
- GLE-Class – August/September
- G-Class – October
- GL-Class – August
- AMG GTS – Available Now
As always, keep an eye on the MBUSA Future Models Section for the latest info!