I just received an update on the 2015 Mercedes-Benz GL450 and the latest information says:
“New 3.0L V6 biturbo engine in GL450 – same hp, same torque, improved Fuel Economy!”
The current 2014 GL450 is listed at 362 horsepower and 406 lb/ft of torque. That is a heck of a V6!
So, is this the same engine that will be in the new ML400? No word yet…but it seems likely!
So, this monster just arrived in the showroom. It was ordered for a customer and he will be here soon. In the mean time we took a million pictures!
I have participated in the AMG Driving Academy here in the US and loved every second of it. I’ve even been recorded doing hot laps. The instructors for the Academy lead three cars with amateur drivers around a high speed circuit while looking in their rearview mirrors and coaching! They are just amazing! The video below really demonstrates how they can perform incredible feats of driving while narrating the experience.
You may have heard that the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class has been a huge success! Since it was launched late last year we have not been able to keep up with demand! The 2015 is scheduled to arrive in a few months and there are a couple of changes starting now.
- CLA250 4Matic Edition 1 Launch – 500 units assigned to dealerships this month. I have one on the schedule and it is not yet spoken for!
- Cocoa Brown Paint (code 990) introduced. Universe Blue (code 894) discontinued.
- New 18″ wheel available
- Sport Package Plus announced for July Production
- Two new Carbon Fiber look accessories available for dealer install
Order early! Do not expect to walk into the dealership and find a bunch of CLA250s to choose amongst!
This particular vehicle is sold but I wanted to share some pictures of what makes this such a special edition!
507 Edition Features:
- Increased engine output (507 hp, 457 lb-ft of torque)
- Top track speed increased to 174 mph
- AMG compound braking system
- 19-inch AMG forged wheels, Silver
- Exclusive Edition 507 exterior details
- Leather/DINAMICA upholstery
- Gloss Black interior trim
- 3-spoke AMG performance steering wheel
Read the Full Review at Road & Track online.
Headline: “The 2015 Mercedes C400 4MATIC is spectacular”
“The C-Class’s front overhang is impossibly small, its side flanks largely unadorned, and its stance is at once muscular and elegant. With the exception of its in-your-face face, it’s a stunning work of restrained simplicity.”
“Close your eyes and picture the most expensive luxury car you’ve ever been in. Then shrink it in size but not substance. That is the 2015 C-Class. Every element of its cabin is a piece of modern art.”
“The C400’s 3.0-liter V6 pumps out 329 hp and 354 lb-ft, more than enough to move it with serious speed (assisted by weight savings of up to a claimed 220 lbs, thanks to the generous use of aluminum in the W205’s structure.)”
“Mercedes loaded the new C-Class, of course, full of active and passive safety features including autonomous cruise and emergency braking. The latest version of COMAND infotainment system has gained additional functionality but lost a lot more in usability.”
Here is some 2015 Mercedes-Benz SUV info I just picked up:
- Dealer Ordering Info expected in April
- Managed by the same team as the CLA-Class so expect similarities
- Model Year 2015 is the last year for the current body style
- 10% of all GLK-Class sales in the US are the diesel variant
- ML250 bluetec replaces the ML350 bluetec in August
- ML400 replaces the ML550 in August – Last Chance for the big V8!
- ML400 is a bi-turbo V6 with great power and great fuel economy. Long list of standard features.
- 15% of all M-Class sales in the US are the diesel variant
- GL450 gets the bi-turbo V6 to replace the current V8
- 21% of all GL-Class sales in the US are the diesel variant
- Jade Green added
- G63 outsold the G550 55% to 45% in 2013